Friday, October 17, 2014

DenKnits 2.20 STITCHES! but I digress...

I don't know if I've ever digressed so much :-D  This is a long one guys, but the last video was short, making up for it preemptively!



Finished Objects - I finished a Yoda hat for my cousin's toddler, it's a combination of this earflap hat and this Yoda hat.  The fingerless mitts have been received, they're my creation with a touch of a MelTran pattern.  I also got the Bender hat in the mail.  This was all my design and I hope to write up a pattern because there weren't any knit choices on Ravelry already!  The recipient of the Bender  hat (who has also gotten other hats from me) happened to be by the Jagger Spun factory for work and thought to stop in and pick up a skein for me!  Yay!!!

Works in Progress - The Easy Ripple Afghan is being crocheted for my son's teacher who is expecting a baby boy next month.  I'm also still plugging away on my Highland Handmades socks, just my usual vanilla sock.  My cousin's toddler is also getting a Mickey Mouse hat, I just need to figure out the ears!  I'm also working on a test knit for CoggieTM, KaRi from The High Fiber Diet.

Spinning - Finished the merino from TreLiz, my favorite Greek fiber artist :-)  The fiber spun on the wheel turned out deliciously but not the same weight as the spindle spun fiber.

Spinzilla - Go Team HappyFuzzyYarn!!!  I finished two 4oz braids on the wheel, one was 242yd (presoak)(968yd submittable) and the other 282yd (presoak)(1128yd submittable).  I also spindle spun on the road trip and managed to get through 3oz of another 4oz braid!  I was able to 2-ply 178yd (presoak) and had 68yd of singles (presoak) (for a total of 602yds submittable).  My total Spinzilla contribution was 2,698yds!!!

Stitches East - There was so much... I don't know what really needs to be notated here!  Well, it was amazing to finally meet Darn Good Yarn and just soak it all in.  I'm anxiously waiting for Stitches to post Fashion Show pics so we can all get a better look at our item as well as all the other gorgeous knitwear.  I saw Wendy from Knit1Heart2, I chatted with A Riot of Color and got a sock blank & a button, I picked up a few minis from White Birch Fiber Arts and some fiber from Highland Handmades along with a button for being a podcast fan!

DGY Designing - A sweater I designed is being released soon from DGY, along with a felt ball CaPOWl (it's a cape/cowl type thing) and I have two items in progress and one more to get started!  Expect lots from me through Darn Good Yarn over the next year or so :-)

What am I wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment